Pediatric Health Psychology
NEW SERVICE: Pediatric Health Psychology
A pediatric health psychologist specializes in the assessing and treating the psychological aspects of chronic or acute illness. Goals of therapy often include understanding the psychological impact of a new medical diagnosis, improving children’s quality of life, increasing adherence to prescribed medical treatments, removing barriers to proper adherence, and lessening the impact of an illness on a child and family’s well being.
Our goal is to take a multidisciplinary approach to treatment. With your permission and a signed release of information, we will work collaboratively with your medical team.
We provide pediatric health psychology services for:
- Poor adherence to treatment regimen
- Acceptance of new illness
- Management of chronic pain
- Emotional or behavioral challenges related to chronic or acute illness
- Coping with Procedural anxiety, phobia, and pain
- Evaluation of emotional and academic functioning
- School avoidance
- School advocacy
We provide psychological support for children and adolescents with:
- Chronic Headaches and other chronic pain
- Incontinence and Elimination Disorders
- Complex medical and developmental History
- Needle phobia and procedural anxiety
- Anxiety related to food allergies
- Conversion Disorder
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Cystic Fibrosis
- And more.